January 3, 2014

What It Is

I received so much supportive feedback on yesterdays post!


It seems people are willing to grin and bear my lackluster writing skills as long as I attempt to offer up something of interest. I promise I will try to limit the run on sentences. Mostly through excessive use of commas but please just try to follow along.

My aim is social rather then scientific so I am reluctant to put too many parameters in place. I want to let the conversation go where it goes. The one thing I know is that I aim to avoid anything that looks or feels like material for an online dating profile.

Here is what I know will happen:


Someone I know will recommend an interviewee. I will coordinate with said interviewee to set up a meeting. We will meet, shake hands, sit down, order drinks, and commence talking. Drinks will be served as we ease into a discussion of common interests, radical ideas, ambitions, beliefs, dreams, and, if time allows, the most amazing wine/meal/concert/travel/life experience we have ever had.

Goals:
1. Meet other Kansas City Singles
2. Change the conversation among single people
3. Challenge the perception that it is difficult to meet single people in Kansas City

Initial Plan:
1. Interview 70 single people in the next 12 months
2. Interviews will consist of a single conversation over coffee or cocktails
3. Blog post to follow each interview (no pictures or names attached)
4. Final post at the end of 2014 with candid head shot, first name, and age of every interviewee

Criteria for Interviewees:
1. 35 men & 35 women
2. Kansas City Metro resident
3. Totally single*
4. Must be vetted by a mutual friend or acquaintance
5. Must be willing to allow interview, picture, first name, and age to be shared on blog
*For the purposes of this blog "totally single" is defined as not married, not separated, not currently going through a divorce, and not currently in an ongoing dating relationship .

So, my friends, there you have it!

Think of someone I should interview. Ask them if they are open to the idea and get permission for me to contact them. Then, send me a message with their info. I am ready to go!

PS. I hope the Singles I meet are as freaking awesome as this guy!
Because, really, you can laugh or cry but I say laugh.
After all, someone else is already laughing at you.


http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/see-single-guy-39-hilarious-response-friends-39-195541188--abc-news-lifestyle.html

2 comments:

  1. No picture to be posted, but you want a picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeff, I do plan to post all the pictures. Just not in line with the interview posts.

      Delete