February 4, 2016

Super Bowl Snacks - Part 2 (Homemade Velveeta)

The Super Bowl…of Snacks.

Part 2: Homemade Velveeta.

Like I said before, I don’t really care too much about the Super Bowl. Honestly, I don’t even understand football. However, I do like Super Bowl Parties. Beyond catching up with friends it is a great time to try out exotic new potato chip flavors or consume mass quantities of queso with wild abandon.

This recipe is a gem. You know you love Velveeta! It’s one of the best processed foods of all times ranking up there with Spam, Bologna, and Cheetos. I could name a few more but I am guessing someone would shame me for it. As they should.

Once completed, this recipe can be sliced and served with summer sausage. You can melt it and serve with the chips of your choice, tacos, walking tacos, chili, enchiladas or pour over nachos. You can dip pretzels in it. You can make macaroni and cheese, grilled cheese, top your burger, or add to a perfect chili cheese hot dog. It’s versatile as hell my friends!

I got this recipe from Pinterest. I was too curious not to try it and I am glad I did. You can make this with different types of cheese based on your taste or mix a few types together. It is important to use blocks of cheese and shred them just prior to mixing the ingredients together. Shredded cheese has a coating on it to keep it from clumping together in the bag. That coating will keep it from mixing well in this recipe and, note to self, it adds yet another unnecessary dose of chemicals and preservatives to your body.

I have made this in my VitaMix and my food processor. Either works well. Just be sure that your container is ready before mixing because the cheese starts to set up immediately and you need to get it out of the mixer promptly if you want the finished product to be pretty. If you plan to serve it on a cheese tray and really want to amp up the fun you could pour it into a themed mold. I don’t know….maybe star wars themed, or little stars, or hearts, or footballs. 

Go crazy my friends!

As was the case with the summer sausage this recipe takes very little work or skill to pull off and it is a definite crowd pleaser.

Now, Let's Eat!


















Note:  Info for comparison to store bought Velveeta



1 comment:


  1. My name is Leah Brown, I'm a happy woman today? I told myself that any loan lender that could change my life and that of my family after having been scammed separately by these online loan lenders, I will refer to anyone who is looking for loan for them. It gave me and my family happiness, although at first I had a hard time trusting him because of my experiences with past loan lenders, I needed a loan of $300,000.00 to start my life everywhere as single mother with 2 children, I met this honest and God fearing online loan lender Gain Credit Loan who helped me with a $300,000.00 loan, working with a loan company Good reputation. If you are in need of a loan and you are 100% sure of paying the loan please contact (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com) You can also whatsApp them at: at +44-75967-81743 (WhatsApp Only) .. and inform them Leah Brown addressed to you ..

    ReplyDelete